Tuesday 17 September 2013

BIHAR OUGHT TO ENCASH THE LIQUID GOLD BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE !

I am pleased to introduce my self as a resident of village Gajhara, district Madhubani, BIHAR who's great grand father migrated to Varanasi for earning his livelihood. Despite our earnest desire, we have not been able to return to our land.
A common young man of 60, I have witnessed regular flow of flood water through the state of Bihar year after year. In the year 2008 I had come to Madhubani to attend a family event when I got an opportunity to sit with a few senior  executives of my beloved state. They were all praise for the leadership as well as their own roles. The question I put to them was "Why have you not been able to manage the flood water so far?" Their answers, to me, were lame excuses.Then the following conversation followed :

me : o k. agreed this year the quantum of water may be 100 times more than the amount for which you (the Gov)  was prepared. But then this menace of flood is a regular feature of our state. Why haven't you been able to do some thing?
they : (after giving a few lame excuses agreed) yes the Government has failed. But then it is impossible to control this problem. because : one, the uncertainty of time when Nepal opens flood gates (!) and second lack of political will.
me : technically it is not at all impossible. And political will can be instigated if you could make a profitable proposal where in a politician can see the benefits.
they : no - no that is not so simple.
me : o k may be I don't know about politicians and political will, but I can surely give you the technical solution.
they : what
me : you know entry and exit points of all rivers of state, you also have detailed topography of the area between Nepal border and entry points of our rivers.
they : o yes we have the topography of whole state.
me : various contours are available / can be available to you ?
they : yes
me : therefore you can draw all possible pathways of Nepal water.
they : yes
me : then you can plan metal roads through those areas where you can collect flood water from. In order to be able to collect this water more effectively may be you will have to construct a few big reservoirs. Once you are ready with flood water collection areas,you ought to plan road / rail road which will connect these collection points. Collect overflowing water with tankers / trains, bring them to right capacity water treatment plants. The ready to drink water then can be sold.
              
LIQUID GOLD -- OF BIHAR -- OUR COUNTRY WILL BE GRATEFUL TO YOU

2 comments:

  1. rightly said,sir. but no one is listening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are you an acupuncturist? How come you arrived here - I am a bit surprised. No one seems to be ready to listen to me I say!

      Delete